Local and Nonlocal Geometry of PDEs and Integrability
Conference dedicated to the 70th birthday of Joseph Krasil'shchik
8-12 October 2018, SISSA, Trieste, Italy
The conference Local and Nonlocal Geometry of PDEs and Integrability will focus on the geometry and algebra of differential equations, differential geometry, integrable systems, mathematical physics, and all that. This is a conference in honor of Joseph Krasil'shchik's birthday and his many contributions to all these fields.
For any questions, please email the organizers at email@example.com.
- The deadline for the registration was 1 July; below there is the list of registered participants.
- If you plan a talk, please submit its title and abstract not later than 31 August.
- If you will not be present during all conference working days, 8-12 October, please not later than 31 August tell to orginizers your dates of arrival and departure.
- If you are interested interested in participating in excursion, please notify the orginizers by 31 August. If you will be coming with accompanying persons, please include the number of them.
- Sergey Agafonov (São José do Rio Preto)to be confirmed
- Hexagonal geodesic 3-webs, abstract
- Atlas Akhmetzyanov (Moscow)
- Dmitri Alekseevsky (Moscow)
- Esmaeel Asadi (Zanjan)
- Lukas Barth (Heidelberg)to be confirmed
- Pavel Bibikov (Moscow)
- Ugo Bruzzo (Trieste)
- Matteo Casati (Canterbury)
- A Darboux-Getzler theorem for scalar difference Hamiltonian operators, abstract
- Vladimir Chetverikov (Moscow)
- Alberto De Sole (Rome)
- Boris Dubrovin (Trieste)
- Maciej Dunajski (Cambridge), Oct. 8evening-11late afternoon
- Solitons on Wormholes, abstract
- Giuseppe Gaeta (Milan)to be confirmed
- Matteo Gorgone (Messina)
- Maxim Grigoriev (Moscow)
- Davide Guzzetti (Trieste)
- Gerard Helminck (Amsterdam)
- Aleksei Ivanov (Moscow)
- Complex invariant Einstein metrics on flag manifolds with -root system , abstract
- Paul Kersten (Losser)
- Igor Khavkine (Prague)
- Compatibility complexes for the Killing equation, abstract
- Nina Khorkova (Moscow)
- Hovhannes Khudaverdian (Manchester)
- Yvette Kosmann-Schwarzbach (Paris)
- Joseph Krasil'shchik (Moscow)
- Boris Kruglikov (Tromsø), Oct. 9-13
- Integrability via Geometry, abstract
- Jacob Kryczka (Angers)
- Alexei Kushner (Moscow)
- Anizotropic multi-phase filtration: geometrical approach (joint with Atlas Akhmetzyanov and Valentin Lychagin)
- Valentin Lychagin (Tromsø)
- Giovanni Manno (Turin)
- Andrei Marshakov (Moscow)
- Luigi Martina (Lecce)
- Michal Marvan (Opava)
- Andrey Mironov (Novosibirsk)
- Folkert Müller-Hoissen (Göttingen)
- Francesco Oliveri (Messina)
- Stanislav Opanasenko (St.John's)
- Maxim Pavlov (Moscow)
- Integrability of the Gibbons-Tsarev system, abstract
- Michael Roop (Moscow)
- Thermodynamics of submerged jets: exact solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations, abstract
- Vladimir Rubtsov (Angers)
- Alexey Samokhin (Moscow)
- Nonlinear waves in layered media: solutions of the KdV-Burgers equation, abstract
- Taras Skrypnyk (Milan)
- Reduction in soliton hierarchies and special points of classical -matrices, abstract
- Jan Slovák (Brno)
- Traces of Tractor Calculus in Sub-Riemannian Geometry, abstract
- Giorgio Tondo (Trieste)
- Jakub Vašíček (Opava)
- Alexander Verbovetsky (Moscow)
- Raffaele Vitolo (Lecce)
- Petr Vojčák (Opava)
- Valery Yumaguzhin (Pereslavl-Zalessky)
There will be no conference proceedings, but instead we plan to organize a special issue of a peer-review journal with contributions from the participants, with all submissions being refereed according to the regular procedure.
There is no participation fee. The venue, conference material and coffee breaks are free.
The participants are supposed to pay for their travel, lodging, and meals (including a social dinner and an excursion). It is possible to have a lunch at the SISSA canteen, very close to the conference room, for EUR 5-7.
A very limited financial support will be available to some participants upon request.
Location and Travel
Room 005 (ground floor) of the SISSA Main Building, Via Bonomea 265, Trieste
The working days of the conference: 8-12 October.
The arrival day is 7 October (Sunday). The departure day is 12 (Friday) or 13 October (Saturday).
Because of Barcolana regatta in Trieste, hotels are busy for the night 12-13 October. Correspondingly, we plan to reduce the Friday afternoon session.
Travel information on the SISSA website:
SISSA has special discounted rates with the hotels listed here.
Please ask for the special fare directly when booking the hotel.
Below are two selections from the full list, one of which contains hotels in the center at less than 10 minutes walk from the 38 bus stop. The second selection lists hotels in the old town at 15-20 minutes walk from the 38 bus stop.
You can see all selected hotels on this map.
If you have any questions about your accommodation in Trieste please email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotels in the center
- Hotel Abbazia
- Via della Geppa, 20
- Albergo Alla Posta
- Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan, 1
- Bed and Breakfast Decò "Torregiani"
- Via Scala al Belvedere, 2
- Bed and Breakfast Palazzo Panfilli
- Via della Geppa, 2
- Hotel Colombia
- Via della Geppa, 18
- Hotel Italia
- Via della Geppa, 15
- Hotel NH Trieste
- Corso Cavour, 7
- Hotel Milano
- Via Carlo Ghega, 17
- B&B Hotel Trieste (Formerly Novo Hotel Impero)
- Via Sant'Anastasio, 1
- Nuovo Albergo Centro
- Via Roma, 13
- Residence Le Terrazze
- Via Fabio Filzi, 21
- Hotel Roma
- Via Carlo Ghega, 7
- B&B Atelier Lidia Polla
- Via del Coroneo 1
- Hotel Continentale
- Via San Nicolò, 25
Hotels in the old town
- Grand Hotel Duchi D'Aosta Trieste
- Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia, 2/1
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace
- Riva del Mandracchio, 4
- Urban Hotel Design
- Androna Chiusa, 4
- Albero Nascosto
- Via Felice Venezian, 18
- Locanda alle Beccherie
- Via delle Beccherie, 5
- Casa Trauner
- Via della Mura, 26
- Residence del Mare
- Via della Madonna del Mare, 4
- Hotel James Joyce
- Via dei Cavazzeni, 7
- Hotel Porta Cavana
- Via Felice Venezian, 14
On Wednesday, 10 October there will be an excursion to the Postojna Cave.
It will start from the SISSA around 14:00 and will end in Trieste center around 20:00.
The excursion cost will be about EUR 40 for each participant and accompanying person.
If you are interested interested in participating, please notify the orginizers by 31 August. If you will be coming with accompanying persons, please include the number of them.
A conference dinner will be on Thursday, 11 October.
More information on it will be available later.
- Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica "Ennio De Giorgi", Università del Salento
- Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA)
This page is constantly being updated.