Local and Nonlocal Geometry of PDEs and Integrability
Conference dedicated to the 70th birthday of Joseph Krasil'shchik
8-12 October 2018, SISSA, Trieste, Italy
The conference Local and Nonlocal Geometry of PDEs and Integrability will focus on the geometry and algebra of differential equations, differential geometry, integrable systems, mathematical physics, and all that. This is a conference in honor of Joseph Krasil'shchik's birthday and his many contributions to all these fields.
For any questions, please email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you will not be present during all conference working days, 8-12 October, please tell to organizers your dates of arrival and departure as soon as possible.
- If you are interested in participating in excursion, please notify the organizers as soon as possible. If you will be coming with accompanying persons, please include the number of them.
A projector and a blackboard are available in the lecture room.
All abstracts in one pdf file (preliminary version; one abstract still missing)
- Sergey Agafonov (São José do Rio Preto)
- Hexagonal geodesic 3-webs, abstract
- Atlas Akhmetzyanov (Moscow)
- Dmitri Alekseevsky (Moscow)
- Shortest and straightest geodesics of an invariant sub-Riemanniasn metric on a flag manifold, abstract
- Lukas Barth (Heidelberg)
- Pavel Bibikov (Moscow)
- Differential invariants and representations of semisimple algebraic groups, abstract
- Ugo Bruzzo (Trieste)
- Cohomology of Lie algebroids on schemes and applications, abstract
- Matteo Casati (Canterbury)
- A Darboux-Getzler theorem for scalar difference Hamiltonian operators, abstract
- Vladimir Chetverikov (Moscow)
- Invertible linear ordinary differential operators and their generalizations, abstract
- Boris Dubrovin (Trieste)
- Maciej Dunajski (Cambridge), Oct. 8evening-11late afternoon
- Solitons on Wormholes, abstract
- Giuseppe Gaeta (Milan)to be confirmed (possibly from Oct. 10evening or 11morning)
- Matteo Gorgone (Messina)
- Approximate Conditional Symmetries of PDEs, abstract
- Maxim Grigoriev (Moscow)
- Gauge PDE and AKSZ sigma models
- Davide Guzzetti (Trieste)
- Gerard Helminck (Amsterdam)
- A construction of solutions of the strict n-component KP-hierarchy, abstract
- Aleksei Ivanov (Moscow)
- Complex invariant Einstein metrics on flag manifolds with -root system , abstract
- Paul Kersten (Losser), till Oct. 10
- Igor Khavkine (Prague)
- Compatibility complexes for the Killing equation, abstract
- Nina Khor'kova (Moscow)
- Integrability and infinite hierarchies of symmetries or conservation laws, abstract
- Hovhannes Khudaverdian (Manchester)
- Homotopy Poisson brackets and thick morphisms, abstract
- Yvette Kosmann-Schwarzbach (Paris)
- Brackets and torsions, abstract
- Joseph Krasil'shchik (Moscow)
- Boris Kruglikov (Tromsø), Oct. 9-13
- Integrability via Geometry, abstract
- Jacob Kryczka (Angers)
- Alexei Kushner (Moscow)
- Anizotropic multi-phase filtration: geometrical approach, abstract
- Giovanni Landi (Trieste)
- Valentin Lychagin (Tromsø)
- On classification of the second order differential operators and differential equations, abstract
- Giovanni Manno (Turin), till Oct. 11early morning
- Projective symmetries and superintegrable metrics, abstract
- Andrei Marshakov (Moscow), Oct. 9-14
- -difference Painleve equations: symmetries and solutions, abstract
- Luigi Martina (Lecce), from Oct. 10late morning
- Symmetries of asymptotically flat spaces and gravitational memory effect, abstract
- Michal Marvan (Opava)
- On symmetries of the Gibbons-Tsarev equation, abstract
- Andrey Mironov (Novosibirsk)
- Integrable magnetic geodesic flows on 2-torus, abstract
- Folkert Müller-Hoissen (Göttingen)
- Tropical limit of soliton solutions, Yang-Baxter maps and beyond, abstract
- Francesco Oliveri (Messina)
- Lie remarkable systems of PDEs characterized by affine and projective transformations, abstract
- Stanislav Opanasenko (St.John's)
- Generalized symmetries and conservation laws of (1+1)-dimensional Klein-Gordon equation, abstract
- Maxim Pavlov (Moscow)
- Integrability of the Gibbons-Tsarev system, abstract
- Michael Roop (Moscow)
- Thermodynamics of submerged jets: exact solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations, abstract
- Vladimir Rubtsov (Angers)
- Alexey Samokhin (Moscow)
- Nonlinear waves in layered media: solutions of the KdV-Burgers equation, abstract
- Taras Skrypnyk (Milan), 9 Oct. only
- Reduction in soliton hierarchies and special points of classical -matrices, abstract
- Jan Slovák (Brno)
- Traces of Tractor Calculus in Sub-Riemannian Geometry, abstract
- Giorgio Tondo (Trieste)
- Beyond recursion operators: Haantjes algebras, abstract
- Jakub Vašíček (Opava)
- Symmetries and conservation laws for a generalization of Kawahara equation, abstract
- Alexander Verbovetsky (Moscow)
- Nonlocal Jacobi identity: a geometric approach, abstract
- Raffaele Vitolo (Lecce)
- Projective-geometric aspects of WDVV equations, abstract
- Petr Vojčák (Opava)
- Coverings and nonlocal symmetries of Lax-integrable PDEs, abstract
- Valery Yumaguzhin (Pereslavl-Zalessky)
- Classification of 3rd-order linear differential equations, abstract
There will be no conference proceedings, but instead we plan to organize a special issue of a peer-review journal with contributions from the participants, with all submissions being refereed according to the regular procedure.
There is no participation fee. The venue, conference material and coffee breaks are free.
The participants are supposed to pay for their travel, lodging, and meals (including a social dinner and an excursion). It is possible to have a lunch at the SISSA canteen, very close to the conference room, for EUR 5-7.
A very limited financial support will be available to some participants upon request.
Location and Travel
Room 005 (ground floor) of the SISSA Main Building, Via Bonomea 265, Trieste
The working days of the conference: 8-12 October.
The arrival day is 7 October (Sunday). The departure day is 12 (Friday) or 13 October (Saturday).
Because of Barcolana regatta in Trieste, hotels are busy for the night 12-13 October. Correspondingly, we plan to reduce the Friday afternoon session.
Travel information on the SISSA website:
SISSA has special discounted rates with the hotels listed here.
Please ask for the special fare directly when booking the hotel.
Below are two selections from the full list, one of which contains hotels in the center at less than 10 minutes walk from the 38 bus stop. The second selection lists hotels in the old town at 15-20 minutes walk from the 38 bus stop.
You can see all selected hotels on this map.
If you have any questions about your accommodation in Trieste please email the organizers at email@example.com.
Hotels in the center
- Hotel Abbazia
- Via della Geppa, 20
- Albergo Alla Posta
- Piazza Guglielmo Oberdan, 1
- Bed and Breakfast Decò "Torregiani"
- Via Scala al Belvedere, 2
- Bed and Breakfast Palazzo Panfilli
- Via della Geppa, 2
- Hotel Colombia
- Via della Geppa, 18
- Hotel Italia
- Via della Geppa, 15
- Hotel NH Trieste
- Corso Cavour, 7
- Hotel Milano
- Via Carlo Ghega, 17
- B&B Hotel Trieste (Formerly Novo Hotel Impero)
- Via Sant'Anastasio, 1
- Nuovo Albergo Centro
- Via Roma, 13
- Residence Le Terrazze
- Via Fabio Filzi, 21
- Hotel Roma
- Via Carlo Ghega, 7
- B&B Atelier Lidia Polla
- Via del Coroneo 1
- Hotel Continentale
- Via San Nicolò, 25
Hotels in the old town
- Grand Hotel Duchi D'Aosta Trieste
- Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia, 2/1
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace
- Riva del Mandracchio, 4
- Urban Hotel Design
- Androna Chiusa, 4
- Albero Nascosto
- Via Felice Venezian, 18
- Locanda alle Beccherie
- Via delle Beccherie, 5
- Casa Trauner
- Via della Mura, 26
- Residence del Mare
- Via della Madonna del Mare, 4
- Hotel James Joyce
- Via dei Cavazzeni, 7
- Hotel Porta Cavana
- Via Felice Venezian, 14
On Wednesday, 10 October there will be an excursion to the Postojna Cave.
It will start from the SISSA around 14:00 and will end in Trieste center around 20:00.
During 90 minutes guided visit we will see 5 km of the cave of which 3.2 km by riding an electric train and the rest by walking along an easy footpath. The temperature inside the cave is 8-10 °C and humidity is about 95%, so warm clothing is advised.
The excursion cost will be about EUR 40 for each participant and accompanying person.
If you are interested interested in participating, please notify the organizers by 31 August. If you will be coming with accompanying persons, please include the number of them.
A conference dinner will be on Thursday, 11 October at 19:30 at Osteria de Scarpon
The address: Via Della Ginnastica, 20
The cost will be EUR 32 for each participant and accompanying person.
The menu will be fish but a meat or vegetarian menus are available upon request.
- Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica "Ennio De Giorgi", Università del Salento
- Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA)
This page is constantly being updated.